Back public enquiry into Full Sutton prison plans.
Make your voice heard on the Full Sutton prison plans by calling for a public enquiry now.
Local Lib Dems are backing Stamford Bridge resident and parish councillor Colin Clarke's call for a public enquiry into the plans to build another prison at Full Sutton prison to take 1,440 Category C inmates.
*LEFT: Lib Dem Cllr Sue Carden for Pocklington. RIGHT: Cllr Colin Clarke for Stamford Bridge promoting the petition.
Colin and the local Lib Dems have identified the following concerns:
1) 1,000 extra vehicle trips a day are expected between staff and visitors, clogging already-strained local roads and polluting the air. An independent environmental impact assessment should be completed.
2) Thousands of pages of information and opinions have been lodged throughout the planning process, with various questionable claims. This means the project needs more serious consideration and should be delayed pending a public inquiry.
3) There are serious concerns about surface water drainage from the prison contributing to increasing the risk of flooding to nearby areas and plans for the sewerage network need to be examined in detail.
4) The prison plans may represent harm to the community due to delays to emergency vehicles and increased risk to pedestrians and cyclists.
5) The prison has six accommodation blocks which have a height of about 16 metres when solar panels and plant machinery are included. The landscaping measures proposed are inadequate to provide sufficient visual screening of such a large development, particularly in a flat, rural area.
Sign this petition calling on East Riding Council to back its residents in their support for a public enquiry. Please select 'YES' below to receive e-mail updates about this campaign.
"I call on East Riding Council to support a public enquiry into plans for a Category C prison at Full Sutton."